Modifying Child Support Orders

Once a child support order has been entered, it is not always set in stone. There is the possibility that it can be modified with the help of experienced child support modification lawyer Van A. Schwab.

Chicago child support modification attorney Van A. Schwab and the rest of our legal staff at The Law Offices of Van A. Schwab are skilled at providing clients with information and education regarding the modification of their child support orders.

Whether you are seeking to increase the amount of child support you receive or decrease the amount of support that you are required to pay, we take the time to examine all aspects of the situation and pursue it in a way that is conducive to your best interests. We also make sure that any change of child support is ultimately in the best interests of the child or children.

Post-Judgment Child Support Modification and Enforcement in Cook County, Illinois

Child support modifications are frequently complicated and are best handled by an experienced attorney. Mr. Schwab focuses his attention on handling a wide range of family law issues and has done so for over 40 years. He strives to personally address each and every aspect of your child support modification action as efficiently and effectively as possible.

Changes After a Divorce Often Require Changes in The Divorce Decree

While certain aspects of a divorce are almost always final, such as property division, other aspects may need to be changed later, when there are significant changes in the lives of ex-spouses or their children following a divorce. In addition to handling the modification of child support orders, attorney Schwab represents clients in a wide range of other post-divorce issues, including:

  • Enforcement of child support

  • Parent and child relocation issues

  • Parental responsibilities (child custody) modification/enforcement

  • Alimony (spousal support) modification/enforcement

  • Parenting plan (visitation) modification

To learn more about your options regarding the modification of a child support order that may be affecting you, contact attorney Van A. Schwab.