Family Law With A Personal Touch In The Chicago Area Since 1978
Trusted Legal Counsel For Divorce And All That Comes With It
Attorney Van A. Schwab, founder of The Law Offices of Van A. Schwab, offers Illinois residents the benefit of trustworthy legal counsel in a wide array of divorce-related matters. Mr. Schwab, has more than 40 years of experience representing men, women and children in these critical matters.
Skilled Guidance For All Divorce-Related Issues
Mr. Schwab provides honest, affordable representation to clients in Chicago and throughout Cook County. He helps couples reach positive resolutions in a wide array of marital dissolution matters, including:
- Divorce for business owners: If a client (or his or her spouse) owns a business, Mr. Schwab can assist with determining the value and fairly dividing it while keeping the company running.
- Divorce for high-asset clients: Mr. Schwab counsels high net worth clients on the sophisticated legal issues associated with extensive assets.
- Parenting time and allocation of parental responsibilities: Mr. Schwab works hard to obtain a parenting arrangement that is in the best interests of both the parents and the children. Mr. Schwab knows how to stand up for his clients’ rights to have meaningful relationships with their children.
- Child support and alimony: Mr. Schwab helps ensure that children are provided for after the end of the parents’ relationship. He also represents spouses seeking spousal support/alimony and those obligated to pay.
- Property division: Mr. Schwab handles the division of business property, the family home, retirement accounts, pets, and all other assets and debts.
Mr. Schwab also assists clients with related concerns such as how to modify an estate plan after divorce.
Experience With Both Contested And Uncontested Divorce
Spouses who want to end their marriages must fully understand all of their options, including whether they want to pursue a contested or an uncontested divorce. A contested divorce may prove necessary when spouses are unable or unwilling to reach an agreement regarding any divorce-related issues. On the other hand, an uncontested divorce may be pursued when both spouses are able to agree on all issues associated with the end of their marriage. Mr. Schwab helps people in both contested and uncontested divorce actions.
Resolving Conflicts Without Resorting To Litigation
Mr. Schwab has developed an ability to screen cases for what is and isn’t feasible, and he counsels potential clients accordingly. In particular, his experience allows him to advise clients with confidence as to when it is best to settle the case rather than go to court in pursuit of an uncertain outcome.
In order to give the best possible legal service in every divorce case, he is trained in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods such as divorce mediation, arbitration and collaborative family law.
Contact An Experienced Attorney
To talk to a skilled lawyer about your pending divorce, call Mr. Schwab’s office in Chicago at 312-702-1745. To schedule a consultation at his locations in either Skokie or Libertyville, call 847-208-4569. You may also complete the online contact form.