Family Law With A Personal Touch In The Chicago Area Since 1978

  1. Home
  2.  » ADR

Alternative Dispute Resolution Is An Effective Option For Many

Filing for divorce or seeking enforcement of child support orders can be challenging. Because of conflict between spouses and long waits for court dates, a family law dispute can be a long, emotionally draining experience. Taking a case to trial is also an excellent way to drain your bank account.

When you are facing family law conflict in Illinois, turn to The Law Offices of Van A. Schwab. Our founding lawyer has more than three decades of experience in both litigation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR). You can count on him and our entire legal team to protect your rights and provide the honest legal counsel you seek.

Is An Out-Of-Court Settlement Right For You?

Many clients prefer to settle their disputes out of court. We offer three forms of ADR to clients who seek cost-effective and timely resolutions to their family law problems:

  • Collaborative law: This is a team approach to getting a divorce done, often involving accountants, social workers, other experts and two attorneys. The attorneys may agree not to file any papers in court during the process. In addition, if collaborative law is not successful, the parties must find new attorneys to represent them.
  • Arbitration: Arbitration offers couples the option of settling their divorce matters out of court by working with an arbitrator, who makes a binding judgment on the case.
  • Mediation: Divorce mediation allows couples to come to an agreement on disputed matters with the help of a third-party mediator. A mediator does not represent one party or the other but only facilitates the discussions.

Get The Experienced Counsel You Need

To learn more about your options and which route is best for you, schedule a discounted initial consultation with an ADR attorney today. Simply call The Law Offices of Van A. Schwab at 312-702-1745 (in Chicago) or 847-616-2425 (in Skokie, Deerfield or Libertyville), or send us an email.