Contrary to popular belief, divorce does not always have to be a stressful, expensive and emotionally draining experience. For those couples who have reached a mutual understanding that their marriage has come to an end, uncontested divorce may be a viable option. Uncontested divorce enables couples to avoid prolonged legal disputes and move forward with their new lives.
Ending A Marriage By Agreeing
Chicago uncontested divorce attorney, Van A. Schwab, provides effective and efficient representation for clients seeking to obtain an uncontested divorce. He has more than 35 years of experience handling family law matters in Illinois and gives clients the answers they need.
To schedule a consultation with Mr. Schwab, contact the firm by calling 312-702-1745 (in Chicago) or 847-208-4569 (in Skokie or Libertyville). The Law Offices of Van A. Schwab represents clients in Skokie, the North Side of Chicago, and Libertyville.
What Is Uncontested Divorce?
In an uncontested divorce, both spouses are able to agree on all issues associated with the end of their marriage, including:
- Spousal support/alimony
- Property division, including closely held business division
- Child custody matters such as allocation of parenting time and allocation of parental responsibilities
- Child support
Unlike contested divorce, it is often unnecessary for both sides to hire an attorney. Instead, the parties can agree to hire one lawyer who helps them prepare and file the necessary documentation with the Family Court.
The Benefits Of Uncontested Divorce
Uncontested divorce has several significant advantages, including:
- Saving you and your former spouse from spending vast sums of money on attorney fees and court costs
- Dissolving your marriage in a timely manner, often only a few months
- Sparing you and your children from the anxiety and emotional strain of a prolonged divorce
- Preserving an amicable relationship with your former spouse
Questions? Please visit our Contested Divorce Vs. Uncontested Divorce page for more information.