The Law Offices of Van A. Schwab offers Illinois residents the benefit of trustworthy legal counsel in a wide array of divorce-related matters. Our founding attorney, Van A. Schwab, has more than 37 years of experience representing men, women and children in these critical matters.
Under the direction of Mr. Schwab, our firm provides honest, affordable representation to clients in Chicago and throughout Cook County. We help couples reach positive resolutions in a wide array of marital dissolution matters, including:
- Divorce for business owners: If a client (or his or her spouse) owns a business, we can assist with determining the value and fairly dividing it while keeping the company running.
- Divorce for high-asset clients: Our law firm counsels high net worth clients on the sophisticated legal issues associated with extensive assets.
- Parenting time and allocation of parental responsibilities: We work hard to obtain a parenting arrangement that is in the best interests of both the parents and the children. We know how to stand up for our clients' rights to have meaningful relationships with their children.
- Child support and alimony: We help ensure that children are provided for after the end of the parents' relationship. We also represent spouses seeking spousal support/alimony and those obligated to pay.
- Property division: We handle the division of business property, the family home, retirement accounts, and all other assets and debts.
We also assist clients with related concerns such as how bankruptcy affects divorce and how to modify an estate plan after divorce.
Experience With Both Contested And Uncontested Divorce
Spouses who want to end their marriages must fully understand all of their options, including whether they want to pursue a contested or an uncontested divorce. A contested divorce may prove necessary when spouses are unable or unwilling to reach an agreement regarding any divorce-related issues. On the other hand, an uncontested divorce may be pursued when both spouses are able to agree on all issues associated with the end of their marriage.
Collaborative Divorce ● Mediation ● Arbitration
Mr. Schwab has developed an ability to screen cases for what is and isn't feasible, and he counsels potential clients accordingly. In particular, his experience allows him to advise clients with confidence as to when it is best to settle the case rather than go to court in pursuit of an uncertain outcome.
In order to give the best possible legal service in every divorce case, he is trained in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods such as divorce mediation, arbitration and collaborative family law.
Contact Our Experienced Attorney
To talk to a skilled Illinois lawyer about your pending divorce, please feel free to contact The Law Offices of Van A. Schwab. Call us at 312-702-1745 (in Chicago) or 847-208-4569 (in Skokie and Libertyville) today.