Van A. Schwab
With more than 28 years of family law practice on the North side of Chicago, attorney Van A. Schwab has handled a multitude of family law cases. He has witnessed the many ways family members can hurt each other physically and emotionally. The Law Offices of Van A. Schwab guides clients through legal challenges including divorce, property division, child custody, parentage, paternity, adoption, child support, divorce mediation, and collaborative law.
Chicago child custody and divorce lawyer Van A. Schwab is known among peers and past clients as a knowledgeable, personable, and effective family law attorney. His familiarity with the courts enables him to advise clients on best routes to a favorable outcome in a paternity suit or child custody matter.
If you're looking for honest, personable, straightforward divorce or family law representation, contact the Law Offices of Van A. Schwab to schedule an appointment. We offer flexible hours and your initial consultation is a flat $125 fee.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
Certified Legal Specialties
- Cook County Child's Representative and/or Guardian Ad Litem by appointment of the court, 1989
- Certified Fellow of the Illinois Collaborative Law Association , 2008
- Completed 40 hour Mediation Certification through Northwestern University, 2008
- Illinois, 1978
- Florida, 1982
- New Jersey, 1982
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois - 1978
- University of Michigan - 1974
- Boston University - 1973
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Collaborative Lawyers Association of Illinois, Fellow Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar Association , Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- Family Law Sections of the above Associations, as well, Member